Shipping & Returns
Pool Spa Outpost Shipping and Returns Policy:
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund less a 15% restocking fee. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect item not ordered or a defective item, etc.). For orders that received free outbound shipping, we may recover the actual shipping cost of the item in addition to the 15% restocking fee. These fees will be deducted and your net refund will be returned to the original method of payment.
You should expect to receive your refund within 2-4 weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. Or you can email us for an RMA number.
For international returns, any duties, taxes and customs fees levied on the returned item will be deducted in addition to other amounts above including the restocking fee.
Certain items cannot be returned as they cannot be re-sold as new. Any opened/installed/used item along with any electronics, pumps, spa covers, control panels, circuit boards and electric controls cannot be returned as they cannot be re-sold as a new item and cannot be 100% tested to be in perfect working order.
We only sell new items - not refurbished, reconditioned or used items. Items, like electronics, cannot be resold as we cannot ensure the product was not installed, used for testing, damaged in some way, etc. and do not want to resell that item to another customer if we cannot ensure it is in pristine working condition. Control panels, ozonators, spa packs, heaters and electronic items that are bought for trying out/testing/narrowing down the problem are considered installations and are non-returnable.
Non-returnable items may be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty if they are damaged. Please note that the following items cannot be returned:
- Items marked ‘Special Order’.
- Custom made or built to order items (i.e. hot tub covers).
- Electronic items including heaters, pumps, spa packs, circuit boards, control panels, ozonators, electronic cover lifters, etc.
- Large bulky items like spas and saunas are not returnable but are covered under manufacturer's warranties.
- Chemicals (due to federal regulations)
- Any items that have touched spa water (installed pillows, jets, filters) as they are no longer considered ‘in new’ condition.
If you have questions about your item(s), please contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone. Rest assured, our products are covered by manufacturer's warranties.
Returned items fall into one of the following 3 categories:
1) Product that was incorrectly ordered by the customer: Provided the item is in new condition and not a special order/non-returnable item (see above) the customer can request an RMA to return the item. The customer is responsible for the cost to return the item to Pool Spa Outpost by any trackable/insured shipping method. We will assist you in trying to find the correct part if you provide the necessary spa model information. 15% restocking fee is waived if the correct part is ordered. Should a replacement part not be ordered, a 15% restocking fee will apply. Outbound shipping is non-refundable as it has been paid directly to the shipper. For orders with free shipping, the actual shipping cost will be deducted from the refund.
2) Product that was incorrectly shipped by us: Pool Spa Outpost has a 3-point check system on all outbound orders to keep mistakes to a minimum. However, mistakes still can occur. If we ship the incorrect part, send us a photo of the incorrect part received that does not match the part number ordered, and we will send a return label to recover the incorrect part and send you the correct one. Photos will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your order number and a description as to what is in error. We will assume all shipping charges with sending the correct item and getting back the incorrect item.
3) A defective or warranty item. See below for warranty details.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund, less a 15% restocking fee to help defer the cost of administration, shipping, packaging, materials and restocking. Shipping costs are non-refundable as they are paid to the shipper. You must request an RMA to return an item.
RMA Requests- Return Authorization Number If you need to return an item email us at email@example.com with the date of purchase, reason for return and item(s) you want to ship back. Provided your item is a returnable item, in new condition and within 30 days of receipt, you will be issued an RMA number. These numbers expire within 15 days of issuance. You will be given the correct ship-to address for the return shipment by email. Please do not return items until you receive either an RMA number or correspondence from Pool Spa Outpost with the correct return address. Returns are only authorized to be shipped to the Texas warehouse, regardless of from where the item originally shipped - unless otherwise noted. Send approved returns with RMA number to the address provided in the RMA email you received. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you received free outbound shipping on the item(s), the cost of outbound shipping will be deducted from your refund in addition to the restocking fee. For return shipping it is advisable to use a traceable, insured ground shipping method that provides a tracking number or to purchase shipping insurance for items over $100. We are not responsible for returned items that we do not receive. Due to the fragile nature of certain items, when returning any fragile item, please ensure original packaging is used. The customer is responsible for any damage caused by insufficient return packaging.
When sending returns, include your name, address and RMA number for proper credit. Please ensure the RMA number appears inside and outside the packaging, so we can verify the order and know who to issue credit to. Refunds All returned items must be in new condition. Certain items are inspected for date codes, date of sale, physical or chemical damage, and signs of improper use or installation. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you of your credit/refund approval status. Your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, usually within 7 business days. Your card issuer may take up to 7 days to post the credit to your account. Shipping and any handling fees are nonrefundable. If your order includes Free Shipping, the actual cost of shipping will also be deducted from amount being refunded to you. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging and returned within 30 days of purchase.
We do not accept returns on special orders, non-returnable items (see above), custom orders or chemicals (due to Federal regulations.) Products that do not comply with our return/refund policy or that are not issued an RMA will not be issued a refund. Refunds are based on the original purchase price of the item less 15% restocking fee. Canadian or international customers are responsible for any applicable taxes, duties or any other fees charged by the Canadian, United States or foreign Governments, Canada Post, Fed-Ex, UPS or any other shipping carrier and are non-refundable. There are no refunds for shipping charges on packages that are refused or undeliverable and returned to us by the shipping carrier because the address provided isn’t correct, no one claimed the package or insufficient information was provided.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. See our free shipping page for minimum order quantity to qualify for free shipping.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, such as UPS or USPS, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.